‘Sustainability in Fashion: Aligning the Industry to the SDGs’
We aim to provide the tools and strategies to take action and achieve strong progress towards a sustainable fashion industry. By bringing a global perspective to designers’ and buyers’ daily actions, they are able to recognize that every small decision in the product level is part of a bigger framework.
“By choosing the SDGs as a general approach on sustainability for their Masterclass, this great mixture of lecture and workshop is a very good starting point for every university, school or enterprise that wants to take a collective kickstart into contemporary sustainability.”Bianca Koczan, Senior Lecturer for Fashion Studies at Burg Giebichenstein
Kunsthochschule Halle, Germany.
The masterclass introduces the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, their relation to the fashion industry and the impacts along the value chain. It will enlighten participants to think about new ways to create positive fashion products and businesses by engaging in a hands-on dynamic workshop.
- What is Sustainability in Fashion?
- What are the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- How are they related to the fashion and textiles industry?
- How can they be used as a framework to apply sustainability in fashion?
- How to design fashion products addressing the goals?
- How do my design choices impact the value chain?